Friday, May 13, 2011

Every chapter must come to an end...

...and this has been one hell of a chapter.

It seems fitting to start at the beginning, even though it's often helpful to start at the end and work backwards.  I apologize if I jump around a bit, but just know that I'm trying my best to keep it in chronological order.

This chapter is titled, "Pittsburgh."  I arrived in Pittsburgh a little girl and I'm leaving Pittsburgh a semi-responsible, still extremely young woman.  That's right!  This girl got her big break outta here! (Attempt 1 at starting at the beginning - FAIL.)

Ok, attempt number 2 to start from the beginning:

I arrived in Pittsburgh in 2003 - 17 year old.  I came to Pittsburgh with my dad's name on my mac card.  I came to Pittsburgh to start college. I came to Pittsburgh to be a doctor.  I came to Pittsburgh knowing who I was as a person. 

ERRRR! WRONG!

Ok, my dad's name was on my mac card and I did want to be a doctor when I first started at Pitt.  I thought I knew who I was as a person, and I was actually comfortable with the person I had become, but in reality, I had no friggin' clue who I was.  4.5 years of meeting new people, trying new things, getting my heart broken, making mistakes, growing a pair and taking on the world.  Joined a sorority - never thought I'd do that.  Became the President of that sorority (bet you didn't think I'd even hold a leadership position.)  Graduated!  I stayed in Pittsburgh!  What?!  William says it's because I can't live in a place that he's never lived before, since I followed him out to Pittsburgh.  I got a job!  A real person's job.  A job where I was considered a "Professional."  This was when I was 23.  23 YEARS OLD and I had an assistant.  Poor Ann for having to deal with a kid who had no idea of what it meant to have an assistant.  And then they liked me so much that I was promoted!  Praised and promoted - in a job that I love... in a place that I love... with people that I absolutely adore.  What else could a girl want?!

Well, what does every girl want?  A boy.  Well, in November 2009, I got that too!  Scott, the love of my life, asked me out on a date and that date changed my life.  Fast forward to today.  I know exactly the type of person I am and love how I've turned out.  My own name is on my bank card and on all of my credit cards (that I'm proud to say I pay off all by myself.)  I finally have my great life and I have my sh*t together and now...

My "Pittsburgh" chapter must come to an end because Scott and I are moving to Laguna Beach, California!

That's right!  Actually, not completely.  He's already there.  He's made the move.  I, on the other hand,  will be moving in a few weeks so that we can start our lives together.  I forgot to mention a big part of this - he's my fiance!  We're getting married Sunday, September 2, 2012.  So not only are we going to be living in California, we have to start planning our wedding!

So, this entry is to set the scene.  Emotional reactions are soon to come. 

3 comments:

  1. Love you Stephanie! Awesome beginning, with many more chapters to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will miss you TONS...but I am so happy that you get to put your big girl pants on and have a brand new adventure with Scott. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete