Thursday, November 24, 2011

(10 Things that) I am thankful for:

The rest of this blog post needs to be prefaced with the following:

The list below is in no way inclusive of everything for which I am thankful.  This is a good sampling of the things that came to mind while writing this post.

1.  I am thankful for the fact that I have found the love of my life and have begun the next chapter with him in California.  We tell each other every day that we are so lucky - not only for having this opportunity and making it work but to be able to experience it with each other.  This experience is helping us build a strong foundation for our future...and we're loving every minute of it.

2.  I am thankful for knowing that even though I am far from the ones I love, specifically my family (including extended family and the friends that I consider to be family), I know that I am in their hearts and that they are constantly in mine.  Being far from everyone is hard, but I'm so thankful that just because I'm not around doesn't mean I'm any less loved. 

3.  I'm extremely thankful for my health.  I'm and the healthiest I've ever been in my entire life.  To follow up with that, I am so happy to be with someone who supports my endeavors to lead a healthy life.  Additionally, I'm thankful that I no longer have to pay for weight watchers.

4.  More so than my health, I'm thankful for my parents' health.  As I get older and realize how much I want them involved in my adult life and my future children's lives (NOT PREGGERS!), I'm appreciating the fact that something clicked and they are making an attempt to be proactive about their health.  I'm so proud of their progress - I really think it's going to prolong their lives. 

5.  I know this is lame, but I'm thankful for Facebook.  Wah wah wah... Before you all groan, here's my reasoning.  For someone who was never good at picking up a phone to call someone to catch up, Facebook allows me to keep in touch with everyone I miss - half the time it's like I'm with everyone.  It allows me to stay connected and follow everyone's lives.  Without it, I'd probably "fall off the face of the earth."

6.  I'm thankful for my friends.  Even though I'm not with most of them all the time and that 3000 miles is between us, every one of them means something to me.  I appreciate all the help with keeping in touch. 

7.  I'm thankful for all of the new friends I'm meeting in California.  Thank you for welcoming me and Scott with open arms and including us in your social activities.  I can only speak for myself, but it's made California feel more like home when I needed it to.

8.  I know this sounds wacky, but I'm thankful for my healthy debt.  I know, who says debt is healthy?  Well, in a place like Newport Beach, where materialistic things often determine the type of person you are, it puts things into perspective.  Live within your means, and things will work out.  It's a reminder to not overextend... that we can be happy without the excess and I believe that is how Scott and I are going to live our lives - and it's refreshing.

9.  I'm thankful for my hard work ethic and my persistence to always do my best.  Not trying to toot my own horn or ring my own bell, but if it weren't for this, I would be unemployed.  I'm thankful that I'm my biggest competition and I strive to be the best that I can be.  Most people who don't share the same character trait (or flaw) often become complacent.  I see the challenges as goals that I need to accomplish, and I like that about me.

10.  I'm so thankful that I get to put on a wedding dress before Thanksgiving 2012.  Next Thanksgiving, I will be Stephanie Epstein.  I can't wait to put on that amazing dress.  I can't wait for Scott to see me in it.  I can't wait to celebrate with everyone I love... I just can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment